Join the Cleveland Professional 20/30 Club for a self guided tour of the Veteran's Memorial Bridge & Subway followed by drinks in Ohio City.
The following has been taken from Cuyahoga County's event page:
"Join Cuyahoga County & The Department of Public Works for the 100th Anniversary Celebration of the Veterans Memorial Bridge and Subway Station at our annual tour to be held on Saturday, August 18, 2018.
This FREE, self-guided tour will allow visitors to experience the original streetcar station and tracks, as well as unique views of the Cuyahoga River, Lake Erie and downtown Cleveland. Also included are exhibits and films depicting the bridge’s history.
There will be food trucks on-side for anyone wishing to purchase lunch. There will also be activities and information tables.
More information: https://goo.gl/Z9KbuK
Please be mindful that there is NO PARKING available at the site of the tour. There is limited street parking available but we suggest the following for your visit to the Veteran’s Memorial Bridge and Subway Station:
- Drop Off Zone (2433 Superior Viaduct, Cleveland, OH 44113) - The drop off zone will be located outside of the entrance to the bridge tour. No parking and/or leaving vehicle unattended. Unattended vehicles will be towed.
- SPARX City Hop Trolley - The Veteran’s Memorial Bridge and Subway Station Tour is on the Green Line/Ohio City. For a complete list of Trolley lines and stops, visit http://www.downtowncleveland.com/events/sparx-city-hop
- Regional Transit Authority (RTA) - For a list of bus/rapid routes and schedules, visit http://www.riderta.com/
- Street parking - Street parking is available, but may be limited due to construction
- Flats East Bank - Cost associated with parking
- Nautica Entertainment Complex Parking (2200 Elm St., Cleveland, OH 44113) ($ - cash only)
**A release form must be signed for anyone who enters the bridge. You can print out & complete one from our site and bring it the day of the tour. There will also be forms at the time of the event** https://goo.gl/Z9KbuK"
Please keep in mind, there may be a line but there is no limit to the amount of people that may be under the bridge. After everyone has gone through the tour we will head down to Ohio City for drinks. Ohio City has a pretty nice selection of bars and pubs so we can decide on a place to go after the tour. Please register for the event so we have a good idea how many people will be attending the event. Thank you.